Stuff & Stuff
Sci-Tech News & Olds, Odds & Ends, & Evens & Begins
[ December 2012 ]
Mass2 Extinction Eventuality Emergency Collectors' Edition
All-New ! Declassic Secret DARPA Super-Memes for Abundance, Health, & Love ! Novel NeuroLingual Subliminal Demands vs Fear, Failure, Death & Hate ! Proprietary Patent-Pending Plenipotent Phonemes ! Recycled Grand Narratives ! Maxwell Quaternion Matrix Generators ! Klein-Bottled 26-Flavor Quark Perceptual Filters ! Neo-Conical Fuzzy Logic Propaganda ! Hyper-Sized Inter-Dimensional Meta-Program Hacks ! Ortho-Rotated Plot Twists with Interactive Love Scenes ! Ultra-Funny Conspiracy-Genre Tropes ! Illuminati-Approved !
1. Oxytocin vs Fear
2. Clif HIGH : ALTA Report ~ halfpasthuman.com updates for December. ( *** The new ALTA Report is now available ) ...
3. Dr David SINCLAIR : NAD Longevity Rx ~ The phenomenal rejuvenative Niagen has become available ...
4. Water-Fuel Patents ~ A list of Canadian Patents
5. Fukushima Daiichi Updates ~ & Other horror stories ... Lithification to divert groundwater ( Bionic Soil ) ... Hydrophobic Cement ... Nitrogen / CO2 ...
6. Chlorovirus ACTV-1 ~ The Stupidity Genome
7. Alanna KETLER : 13 Chemicals Used In U.S. Food Products That Are Banned In Other Countries
8. Frosty WOOLRIDGE : " Benefits of Joining the Military "
9. " We Need To Talk About Sandy Hook " Documentary
10. Dead Bankers List ~ An elite club with a glowing future ( Criswell says : " I see burning banks " ) ...
11. Bobbitization ~ A manly meme for mad moms ...
12. Miscellaneous Videos
13. Gallery ~ Selections collected from 'round the web
Oxytocin vs Fear
Oxytocin helps to better overcome fear
Frightening experiences do not quickly fade from memory. A team of researchers under the guidance of the University of Bonn Hospital has now been able to demonstrate in a study that the bonding hormone oxytocin inhibits the fear center in the brain and allows fear stimuli to subside more easily. This basic research could also usher in a new era in the treatment of anxiety disorders. The study has already appeared in advance online in the journal Biological Psychiatry. The print edition will be available in a few weeks.
Significant fear becomes deeply entrenched in memory. Following a car accident, for example, it is difficult to manage street traffic once again -- even screeching tires can evoke significant anxiety. Scientists refer to this as "conditioning." Certain images or noises are very closely intertwined in the brain with the experience of pain or fear. Only gradually does one learn that not every screeching tire means danger. This active overwriting in the memory is known as "extinction." "In this process, however, the original contents of the memory are not erased but instead merely overlaid with positive experiences," explains Prof. Dr. Dr. René Hurlemann from the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the University of Bonn Hospital. If there are dangerous situations once again, the fear, which was believed to have been already overcome, frequently flares up once more.
Extinction is often used in therapy for anxiety disorders. For example, a person suffering from a spider phobia will gradually and increasingly come face to face with spiders. First the patient has to view photos of spiders and then look at living examples until finally he holds a tarantula in his hand. When people with an anxiety disorder experience as frequently as possible the fact that they do not need to fear the trigger, their fear is reduced. "However, this can take a very long time, because this confrontation with the fearful situation frequently has to be experienced. In addition, there may be relapses because the original trace of fear is still anchored in the memory," reports Prof. Hurlemann. This is why therapists seek a possibility for "overwriting" the fearful memory in a faster and longer-lasting way.
Oxytocin facilitates overwriting of fearful experiences
It has been known for a long time that the hormone oxytocin does not just have a bonding effect in the mother-child relationship and in the case of sex partners but that it is also considered to be anxiolytic. The scientists at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the University of Bonn, together with their colleagues from the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg and the University of Chengdu (China) have now been able to prove its helpful effect in overwriting fearful experiences. "Oxytocin actually reinforces extinction: Under its influence, the expectation of recurrent fear subsequently abates to a greater extent than without this messenger," says study director Prof. Hurlemann, summarizing the result.
The team of scientists induced fear conditioning in a total of 62 healthy male subjects. In the brain scanner, using video glasses, the test subjects viewed photos, for example of human faces. For 70 percent of the images, they received a very brief, unpleasant electrical shock to the hand via electrodes. "In this way, certain images were associated with an experience of anxiety in the test subjects' memory," explains Prof. Hurlemann. The scientists used two methods to prove that this pairing of a particular photo and pain was actually anchored in the test subjects' brains: The expectation of an electrical shock was demonstrated by increased cold sweat which was measured via skin conductivity. In addition, the brain scans prove that the fear regions in the brain were always particularly active.
Half of the test subjects received oxytocin via a nasal spray. The rest received a placebo. Then the extinction phase began in which the test persons were shown the same pictures several times as before but they no longer received electrical shocks. In the men under the influence of oxytocin, the amygdala, as the fear center in the brain, was overall far less active than in the control group, whereas fear-inhibiting regions were more stimulated. Over time, the messenger caused the fear to initially be somewhat greater but then it abated to a far greater extent than without oxytocin. The scientists explain this through the special effect of the messenger: "Oxytocin initially reinforces the test subjects' conscious impressions and thus the reaction to the electrical shock, yet after a few minutes, the anxiolytic effect prevails," explains Prof. Hurlemann.
The scientists hope that anxiety patients can be helped more quickly with the aid of oxytocin and that a relapse can be better prevented. In addition, the researchers presume that the hormone likely facilitates bonding between the therapist and the patient and thus the success of the treatment. "However, this must first be demonstrated by clinical studies," says the scientist from the University of Bonn Hospital.
Clif HIGH : ALTA Report ~ halfpasthuman.com updates for December.
[ *** The new ALTA Report is available now ( Only $10 ) *** ]halfpasthuman.com
Current trends information: terra context updates
Large scale solar changes intimately linked to upcoming [expansion event(s)] and the following [ice age]. LT data shows [peak expansion] to be seen in events of December 2017 through September of 2018. Climate shift into [ice age] continues in LT data through 2020 with a 'rising' emotional sum in [impact] and [duration] and [emotional intensity] within our array of temporally significant emotional values. However, LT data forecasts continuing [disturbances] to [global populace] through 2041 before the [ice age] [climate/weather patterns] begin to [descend (in) purbutations (toward) regularity]. (11.24.2014)
"SPECIAL" Alert? (as opposed to 'ordinary alerts'?) about the damn dam with its 'sinkhole problem' causing potential 'catastrophic outcome'...(11/24/2014) link to article.
Yet another sinkhole. This one is triggering the language about [nuke plants] that [go dry] and become [dangerous] as the [rivers drop]. Further, if the damn dam breaks, will we get the [river changing its course (dramatically)] language? (11/1/2014) Link to article.
Data sets accruing to the Terra entity have painted the [winter (northern hemisphere)] as truly [brutal] with [new glaciers forming] from [unexpectedly early snow falls], as well as from [snow (in) new/unexpected places]. These [new glaciers] are indicated to bring out [denial rivers (from) MSM/presstitutes]. (11/5/2014)
Sadly, yet another Terra entity forecast (previous IDIR from a few months back) manifesting: in this instance the 'bolus' of [disruptive water] that was to impact here in the Pacific: details at this link. (11/9/2014)
As forecast: [ebola meme] to rise to high pitch and fade rapidly just like a real fever. Number of [ebola meme] articles in all press, including alternate, down over 87% by spyder count in last 3 weeks. (11/24/2014)
As forecast: external savior meme being invoked to sell ebola vaccine. (11/1/2014)
As forecast: new form of protest going 'around government buildings'. In this case, a display of the language forecast within the [body processes] reference. An actual [shit storm] hits the [french gov't]. (11/7/2014)
spacegoatfarts context updates:
Wait for it.....it's coming....see the last SGFs entry below. Data still accumulates in the [british royals criminal behavior fucks over BBC] sets. This is a very very significant temporal marker for a number of GlobalPop affecting sets and forecasts including [markets (banks disruptions)] and [temporal disturbances (solar induced most likely)]. (11/24/2014)
SGFs entity data sets growing large within the areas of [UFOs (in MSM)] as well as [manifesting fears (within TPTB)] hitting the [mainstream media- corporate controlled propagandists]. These [fears (of TPTB/officialdom)] will be [visible] in temporal relation to [space aliens/UFO's]. (11/5/2014)
Data sets within the SGFs entity are gaining new sub sets around the idea of a [breakthrough] in [understanding (of) time] that will have direct [impact] on multitudes of [business types]. The [breakthrough] is described as causing [strokes/headaches/bloat/bellyaches/fear shits] in the [military] and [academia]. In the sub sets for [academia] there are some details of [apoplectic shock] that will [strike] a [lecturer (in mid sentence?)] as the [profundity] of the [new time understanding] renders many [professor/mathematician life work's obsolete]. These are shorter term and longer term values mainly, and the [breakthrough] starts having impact in modelspace in Spring, 2015 (northern hemisphere) (11/5/2014)
ST data shows that this [December] in [northern hemisphere] the [UFO/(daleks/machine-intelligences?)] will be [displaying] in an almost [preening fashion *(grooming?)] over [large swaths (of continents)]. The imagery in the detail layer suggest that this [display] will be [nearly unique] in UFO history in that it will be [involving (large bands)] across [whole continents]. (10-14-2014)
LT data types are suggesting that [November, 2015] will have [aware (??) humanity] being [actively/dynamically] involved with [multiple species] of [space aliens]. Further data sets point to a [fundamental (knowledge) revolution] that occurs [across popular understanding] in the first [half] of 2015 as [events (dalek?)] become [too blatant] to [collectively ignore]. A curious side effect of this set has huge levels of cross links back over to the [british criminal rulers (aka self claiming 'royals')] where [history] will be [revealed] that will [set the populace] against the [blood lines] at a [visceral/cellular] level. This [(near) xenophobic reaction] is described as [destroying] several [offshoots (of 'royals' bloodlines)] and also causing [near total breakdown] of the [BBC]. (10/16/2014)
Dr David SINCLAIR : NAD Longevity Rx
The phenomenal rejuvenative Niagen has become available ...
In a recent study by Harvard University and the University of NSW, a new way to completely reverse aging in cells was revealed. This December 2013 study not only showed how the aging process can be slowed down but how you actually can make your cells younger.
For a long time, we thought that aging was due to free radicals damaging our DNA. But David Sinclair, a Harvard Professor of Genetics and the principal researcher theorized that aging happened because the communication between the mitochondria and the nucleus inside the cells broke down. With the results of his research, the scientific evidence is there that his theory is correct. And, more importantly, the specific substance that improves communication between the nucleous and mitochondria was identified. This substance is called NAD.
By giving 2 year old mice injections of NAD, in just weeks, the cells of the 2 year old mice reverted to that of 6 month old mice. The anti-aging effect on the mice is equivalent to the cells of a 60 year old human reverting to that of a 20 year old.
This breakthrough in science has made the amazing anti-aging benefits available to the general public. NIAGEN IS THE ONLY NATURAL OCCURRING COMPOUND KNOWN TO INCREASE THE LEVELS OF NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide). No injections needed. By taking one simple pill, you too can see many benefits related to anti-aging.
Niagen is easy and convenient to use. Simply take 1 capsule daily upon waking. It is not necessary to take Niagen with a meal. Take Niagen™ on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
Niagen is a patented product discovered by Cornell University. Right now, through our website, you can purchase this patented product. Supplement is patented by U.S. Patent numbers:
Niagen has a host of benefits including brain health, muscle endurance, increased metabolism, and of course anti-aging
Here are just some of the benefits you will experience:
Healthy & Improve Aging:
Acts as an NAD+ precursor and a Sirtuin activator, improving mitochondrial activity to prevent cellular damage from free radicals, rather than attempting to address damage already done.
Promotes healthy mitochondrial function, which is an important component in human aging.
As an NAD+ precursor, it’s been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels induced by a high-fat diet.
Has been shown to lower high-fat-diet-induced weight gain by enhancing energy expenditure, not by reduced food intake or affecting activity levels.
Supports energy at the cellular level to promote cellular metabolism.
Supports cellular health in the brain by providing an additional safeguard against axonal degeneration.
Maintains neuronal cell health.
Niagen has no known negative side effects. It can only improve your body's energy levels and overall health.
Water-Fuel Patents ~ A List of Canadian Patents
[ Adapted from a list @ tesla3.com -- Retrieved from the European Patent Office [ http://worldwide.espacenet.com/advancedSearch?locale=en_EP ]
ELECTROLYSIS APPARATUS FOR INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE ENHANCED FUEL EFFICIENCY
ELECTROLYZER APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR HYDROGEN PRODUCTION
Also published as: WO2004076721 // US7510633 // JP2006518812
FEEDING SYSTEM OF ELECTROLYSIS LIQUID FOR PRESSURIZED ELECTROLYSIS
ELECTROLYSIS APPARATUS FOR PRODUCING HYDROGEN
CONTROLLING PRESSURE IN ELECTROLYSIS APPARATUS
ELECTROLYTIC HYDROGEN DISSOLVED WATER
ELECTROLYTIC PRODUCTION OF HYDROGEN
METHOD FOR ELECTROLYTIC PRODUCTION OF HYDROGEN
PROCESS FOR OBTAINING HYDROGEN AND OXYGEN FROM WATER
HYDROGEN GAS ELECTROLYSIS AND SUPPLY APPARATUS
CATALYSING GASEOUS HYDROGEN EVOLUTION IN AQUEOUS ALKALINE ELECTROLYSIS
HYDROGEN-ASSISTED ELECTROLYSIS PROCESSES
MOTOR FUEL COMPOSITION HAVING ENHANCED WATER TOLERANCE
WATER BLENDED FUEL COMPOSITION
SELF EVACUATING WATER-SEPARATING FUEL FILTER
WATER FUEL EMULSIFIED COMPOSITIONS
VAPORIZATION OF ELECTRICALLY CONDUCTIVE WATER-HYDROCARBON EMULSION
SUPERCRITICAL WATER FUEL COMPOSITION AND COMBUSTION SYSTEM
FUEL-WATER EMULSIONS CONTAINING EMULSIFIERS
VAPORIZATION DEVICE FOR CONVERTING FUEL AND WATER INTO HYDROGEN
ELIMINATING AIR AND WATER FROM FUEL
SUB-CRITICAL WATER-FUEL COMPOSITION AND COMBUSTION SYSTEM
PLATINUM METAL FUEL ADDITIVE FOR WATER-CONTAINING FUELS
CONVERTING MIXTURE OF WATER AND ETHANOL INTO FUEL
FUEL INJECTOR ASSEMBLY WITH WATER
DUAL FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE WITH WATER INJECTION
Free Energy Blog:2014:11:19
Philippine Police Car Powered with HHO
Habibur Rahman posted this on my [ Sterling Allen ] Facebook page.
The police force in the Philippines have started to use hho on their vehicles this saves them 30% on fuel and reduces emissions by 90% .
HHO-Generator Websites :
Fukushima Daiichi Updates
1. The Good News : The perilous process of removing fuel rods has progressed well.
2. The Shambling Gourmet's Recipe d'Aeon : Non-Fat Hope-Against-Hope Soup -- How to bake acre-sized mud pies without heat.
a. Have you heard about : Electro-Osmosis ? Water migrates to the Negative Pole, away from the Positive. Therefore : Charge the perimeter negative, the buildings positive, and accelerate or augment the process of water diversion and removal from the area of the lost corium.
b. Convert the radioactive water to Brown's Gas, and burn that so as to transmute the nuclides to inert or short-life atoms. Recover the water.
c. Install tanks of Liquid Nitrogen and associated spraying equipment ( as used by Red Adair vs oilwell fires in Iraq ) to fight future fires ( Nitrogen or CO2 will smother the fire, shock cool the uranium, and form a crust of carbonates, oxides, and /or nitrides. That is how the fire @ Chernobyl was extinguished on Day 6, as recommended by this writer to engineers @ Lawrence Livermore Lab, transmitted by Channel 4 Evening News, and heeded by Russia only hours later )
d. Then there's Lithification, the conversion of soil to rock. The foundations of the reactor buildings and storage tanks must be stabilized. Here is a list of patents re : lithification, retrieved from espacenet.com, the European Patent Office online :
Lithification reinforcing structure and lithification reinforcing method thereofThe technology is available NOW :
Method for the lithification of weak building foundations
MIXTURE FOR DETOXIFICATION AND LITHIFICATION OF DRILLING SLUDGES AND OIL- POLLUTED GROUNDS
BLEND FOR DETOXIFICATION AND LITHIFICATION OF DOMESTIC AND INDUSTRIAL WASTES, BOTTOM SEDIMENTS, SLUDGES, AND OIL-POLLUTED GROUNDS
MIX FOR DICONTAMINATION AND LITHIFICATION OF HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE AND INDUSTRIAL WASTE, AND BOTTOM SEDIMENTS
MANUFACTURING METHOD OF ACIDIC GROUP POWDER LITHIFICATION CHEMICAL AND LITHIFICATION TREATMENT METHOD FOR SEWAGE SLUDGE USING THE SAME
11/09/2014NM man's 'bionic soil' turns dirt to stone, revolutionizes road repair worldwide
KOB Eyewitness News 4
They're often rutted and dangerous, but a Santa Fe business owner has a new technology that could forever change how road crews repair and maintain dirt roads.
Indeed, there's a certain beauty found in taking a road less traveled in New Mexico, but there's also a certain headache -- a teeth-ratting reminder why most dirt roads should be avoided.
On the back roads of the Navajo Nation, that's almost always true.
"There are a lot of struggles," Benjamin Bennett, the deputy director of the Navajo Nation Division of Transportation said in an interview with 4 Investigates.
The Navajo Nation is almost entirely rural and sparsely populated. Because of that, there are hundreds of miles of dirt roads. Crews try to maintain them, but it's often difficult.
After the snow melts every winter, it's especially tough.
"[We] try to make sure that we can keep everybody out of the mud," Bennett said.
He said some of the roads develop ruts that are up to one foot deep. He said some people never leave their homes for fear of becoming stranded.
They're often too far out of reach of emergency responders as well, he said.
However, Bennett hopes those are problems of the past. The Navajo Nation recently bought into a new technology called bionic soil, which puts Mother Nature's biological clock into overdrive.
"The product technology is called lithification, and lithification is the definition of transforming soil into rock," Bob Sherwin, founder of Bionic Soil Solutions said.
He had the help of an inventor in Brisbane, Australia in developing a "secret sauce" -- a non-toxic, proprietary liquid that exponentially accelerates the breakdown of oxygen, silicon, and aluminum found naturally in soil to turn it into stone.
"It's what Mother Nature does over hundreds of thousands of years," Sherwin said.
In order for the product to work properly, he said crews first till a dirt road with a machine called a reclaimer. Then, they spray the fluffed dirt with water to make it pack well. After that, they apply the "sauce," smooth the dirt with road rollers, then wait for it to harden overnight.
The next morning, 4 Investigates found it to be as hard as concrete and as smooth as a freshly-paved interstate.
Sherwin said the bionic soil is scientifically proven to be harder than concrete, water repellent, and nearly indestructible.
He demonstrated how the bionic soil remains intact, like a rock, when submerged in water. He said he's had some samples soaking for months which haven't changed a bit.
The Navajo Nation is confident the product is environmentally friendly to their sacred land. Bennett said the Navajo DOT has more stringent environmental standards than the rest of the country.
He also believes the bionic soil is a permanent solution along a particularly problematic, six-mile stretch of road through a mountain pass.
"This [project] was on the books since 1998," Bennett said.
He said the $1.3 million project is costing them the same, or less, than what they would have spent on a traditional road made of gravel and sand.
Sherwin said traditional gravel and sand roads last about three or four years, whereas the bionic soil could last for 20 or 30 years.
"Its going to open a lot of doors," Bennett said. "It's going to sell itself. And I think that if we can do that across the Navajo Nation, we could put a lot of people out of the mud."
Bionic Soil Solutions has completed roughly a dozen other projects elsewhere across New Mexico, including a road near Edgewood and on pads that surround pump jacks in the oil fields.
Further, the company expects to apply the product to the construction of homes. Ultimately, it plans to donate the product to the making of dirt bricks in underdeveloped countries.
Sherwin, along with more than a dozen investors scattered across the western U.S., recently secured licensing rights for their product nationwide. They have plans to expand worldwide.
Bionic Soil SolutionsBionic Soil Solutions International (BSSI) is the manufacturer and Exclusive Worldwide Distributor of a revolutionary soil technology called “Lithification.” (The process tilden_2in which soil is transformed into rock). This paradigm shifting technology can be used in the construction and maintenance of dirt roads and subgrade, earth blocks and earth liners.
Address: 218 Camino La Tierra, Santa Fe, NM 87507
Ben Bennett Deputy Director, Navajo DOT
“Its going to open a lot of doors and I believe it is selling itself. From what I’ve seen after all of the rains, I would give it a 10. I would tell others that this is a very promising product and it’s worth looking into as we plan to use it more ourselves. This is the first time we’ve had a product like this and we are very impressed with it.”
Businessman seeking green roadbuilding solution sees success on Navajo project
The New Mexican
November 11, 2014
Bob Sherwin Former real estate agent Bob Sherwin has been working for years on a long-lasting, eco-friendly solution to the problems of maintaining hundreds of miles of rutted dirt roads in rural New Mexico and elsewhere. He thought he had the answer several years ago with a product called RoadPacker, which he used to treat Spur Ranch Road in a private subdivision off U.S. 285 south of Eldorado.
Today the road is “1,000 percent” better, but it isn’t water resistant, and there have been some problems after heavy rains. The product, which has a high acid content, had worked well in China, Australia, Mexico and Canada. But it turned out that it didn’t work as well in the Southwest, where the pH content of soils is much higher, he said. He went back to the inventor, Alan Sonnenburg of Brisbane, Australia, who, it turned out, was developing a new formula designed to work in all soil conditions. And now Sherwin thinks he’s really found the solution to the problem. The new product turns dirt to stone overnight through a process called lithification in nature, he said.
Sherwin pointed out that a French materials scientists — Joseph Davidovits— believes this type of technology, not cut stone, was used to build the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt. Sherwin’s company, Bionic Soil Solutions LLC, has recently completed work on 11 miles of rural roads on the Navajo Nation, where the ruts after a snowmelt are as deep as 18 inches in places. “So far we are very pleased,” said Benjamin Bennett, deputy director of the Navajo Nation Division of Transportation. Soils, Sherwin said, have three common elements: oxygen, silicon and aluminum. They combine to form aluminosilicate. Bionic Soil turns the aluminosilicates into a gel that hardens and becomes impermeable to water. Sonnenburg added accelerators to make this process happen in 24 hours rather than over many thousands of years, the time it would take to occur naturally.
Bionic Soil Solutions partners with Univar USA, an international company that blends the product and sends it to the job site in tankers. The application process involves scarifying or tilling the soil with a grader or, for bigger projects, a reclaimer. The formula is mixed with water and the top 6 inches of soil. Then the surface is shaped and rolled. “You can drive on it immediately,” Sherwin said. The process is cheaper than laying down base course, the sand and gravel mixture used on many county roads. Sherwin said a mile of base course 6 inches deep and 24 feet wide takes 95 to 99 truckloads of gravel. Bionic Soil applications require 1 1/2 tankers of solution (at 3,500 gallons per tanker).
The overall cost depends on how far the materials have to be hauled. Because the Navajo Nation roads were so remote, the job is costing the tribe about $230,000 per mile, Bennett said. Paving the road could cost up to $2 million a mile, he added. Sherwin estimates the cost could be as low as $75,000 a mile for less remote stretches of road. In the case of Bionic Soil, the treated road will last longer and with a lot less maintenance, Sherwin said. If the product catches on, it could reduce the amount of gravel mining here and elsewhere. According to Sherwin, 300 million tons of virgin aggregate are mined annually in the U.S., taking down hills and leaving behind big, empty pits.
Sherwin is Bionic Soil’s founder and managing partner and owns 50 percent of the company. The other half is owned by about 35 investors, some of whom invested in RoadPacker, an entity that has been dissolved. Bionic Soil Solutions bought licensing and distribution rights for the U.S. and its protectorates and pays inventor Sonneburg money for every gallon sold. The company is currently looking for potential customers in the private sector — gas, oil, wind and solar energy firms, ranchers, farmers and Native communities — who can act more quickly than the public sector, although Sherwin said he met with the New Mexico Department of Transportation last week.
The new road technology has other applications as well. The company built a parking lot and 11 battery pads for an oil company in Carlsbad to reduce the chance of chemical spills reaching groundwater. “We’re hoping to spread the word to other oil companies,” Sherwin said. The product also can be adapted for making adobe earth blocks for homebuilding. Bennett said he thinks Bionic Soil speaks for itself. White Clay Road and Blue Canyon Road near Sawmill, Ariz., on the Navajo Reservation were virtually impassable, especially after hard rains and snow. They are also school bus routes, and the buses that are able to get through “tend to have high maintenance costs,” he said. Because of the conditions of the roads, Bionic Soil Solutions had to strip the roads down to the bottom of the ruts, at least a foot, and then build them back up. After the product was applied and the road was shaped and smoothed, the crew did a test drive. Sherwin said they were able to reach a speed of 87 mph on roads where the previous limit was about 5 mph.
To avoid compromising the surface, however, crews removing snow and debris will use a rubber-edged blade positioned a half-inch above the surface. But Bennett said “there’s no maintenance required,” and from the cost savings, “we could move on and do other roads.” What we’re shooting for,” Sherwin said, “is a green road technology that reduces the carbon footprint. One and one-half truckloads [of product] versus 98 [trucks of gravel].Businessman seeking green roadbuilding solution sees success on Navajo project.
The Asahi Shimbun | AJW Asia and Japan Watch
November 22, 2014
After failures, TEPCO to use special cement to prevent contaminated water leaks
Tsuyoshi Nagano & Hiromi Kumai
The operator of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant plans to fill in trenches on the coastline in yet another attempt to prevent highly contaminated water from pouring into the sea.
Under the plan, approved by the Nuclear Regulation Authority on Nov. 21, Tokyo Electric Power Co. will inject a special cement mixture into the seaside trenches of the No. 2 and No. 3 reactors while pumping up radioactive water accumulating in them.
The special mixture does not absorb water so it can spread more easily along the bottom of the trenches, displacing the tainted water.
The new method will allow radioactive materials to remain in the surrounding soil, but TEPCO decided to employ the technique because it puts high priority on preventing massive amounts of highly contaminated water from leaking into the ocean.
This spring, TEPCO tried to stop the water influx at the trench for the No. 2 reactor by freezing the junction of the turbine building and the trench, but the operation was tough-going.
The company then attempted to stop the water inflow with a cement mixture, but was unable to do so completely.
Here's a list of patents for hydrophobic cement ( to repel water ) for construction of the underground perimeter wall :
*** METHOD FOR CONSTRUCTING SEMI-BASEMENT STRUCTURE FOR RADIOACTIVE WASTE
*** PROCESS FOR RADIATION-CHEMICAL HYDROPHOBIZATION OF CEMENT BRICK
*** PROCESS FOR RADIATION-CHEMICAL DECREASING OF WATER ABSORPTION OF CEMENT BRICK
*** Hydrophobic portland cement
CEMENT SLURRY COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS
Intermediate resin blend for improved coatings
Preparation method of viscosity-reduction type polycarboxylate water reducer
CONSTRUCTING METHOD FOR WATERPROOF USING INFILTRATIVE LIQUID WATERPROOFING AGENT
COMPOSITION FOR ATTRIBUTION OF HYDROPHOBIC PROPERTIES TO THE SURFACE OF BUILDING MATERIALS
INSULATING STRUCTURE WITH HYDROPHOBIC COATING OF VARIABLE THICKNESS
INSULATING STRUCTURE WITH EQUI-THICK HYDROPHOBIC COATING
Impervious reinforcing agent for constructional inorganic coating material and preparation method thereof
Asphalt resin-based cold regenerant and regenerated mixture
ENHANCERS OF THE ADHESION STRENGTH IN CEMENT COMPOSITIONS
Preparation method of insulating super-hydrophobic coating
Methanesiliconic acid-containing graft polymer and preparation method of waterproofing agent
Hydrophobic roof sloping material and construction method thereof
Hydrophobic expanded perlite thermal insulation structure
Highly hydrophobic permeable waterproof material on surface of earth architecture wall body
Roof water-proof thermal insulation constructionstructure
RAPID SETTING CONCRETE COMPOUND CONTAINING HYDROPHOBIC EMULSION AND REPAIRING METHOD OF CONCRETE STRUCTURE USING THE COMPOUND
CEMENT ADMIXTURE, AND CEMENT COMPOSITION
PLUGGING FLUID AND PROCESS FOR PLUGGING A ZONE OF A SUBTERRANEAN FORMATION USING THIS FLUID
Self-waterproof sulphoaluminate cement and preparation method of concrete by using self-waterproof sulphoaluminate cement
Straw ash wall thermal insulation material and preparation method thereof
Super-hydrophobic self cleaning wall body
MODIFIED CEMENT COMPOSITION, PREPARATION AND APPLICATION THEREOF
Waterproof, fireproof and heat-insulating reinforced composite form and preparation method thereof
Waterproof material for bridge floor and construction method thereof
Underwater epoxy structure adhesive and preparation method thereof
METHOD OF PRODUCING HYDROPHOBIC CEMENT WITH IMPROVED STRENGTH CHARACTERISTICS
Method for improving soaking resistance of solidification body in radioactive spent resin cement solidification
Integrally waterproofed concrete
Hydrophobic gel composite cement and plugging method thereof
HYDROPHOBIC CEMENTITIOUS COMPOSITION.
HIGH-EARLY STRENGTHENING CONCRETE COMPOSITE CONTAINING HYDROPHOBIC POLYMER AND REPAIRING METHOD OF CONCRETE STRUCTURE USING THE COMPOSITE
RAPID SETTING CONCRETE COMPOSITE CONTAINING HYDROPHOBIC EMULSION AND REPAIRING METHOD OF CONCRETE STRUCTURE USING THE COMPOSITE
Cement base inorganic waterproof grouting material
Polymer cement-based waterproof dry powder mortar
Hydrophobic calcium-based magnesium synthetic clinker
Unfired clay stabilized with polymers
Compound thermal-insulated water-proof slurry and application thereof
CEMENT ADMIXTURE AND CEMENT COMPOSITION
Concrete road with rain water hydrophobic seam
Composite hydrophobic wall thermal insulation material and method for producing the same
Waterproof coating material for water-proof buildings
Hydrophobic thermal insulation and anti-cracking mortar for external wall and method for preparing same
Cement-base rigidity water-proofing material and preparing method thereof
Process for preparing hydrophobically modified low foaming copolymers, hydrophobically modified low foarming copolymers and their use as cement additives
Granulated hydrophobic additive for cementitous materials
METHOD OF ERECTING WALL STRUCTURES IN MINE WORKINGS
WATER-REPELLENT CEMENT AND SOILS
Water resistant building materials
WATER RESISTANT BUILDING MATERIALS
METHOD OF PREPARING HYDROPHOBIC PLUGGING PORTLAND-CEMENT
METHOD OF OBTAINING PLASTICIZED OR HYDROPHOBIC CEMENT AND DEVICE FOR OBTAINING SAME
WATERPROOFING ADDITIVE FOR CEMENT AND CONCRETE COMPRISING MODIFIED POZZOLANIC MATERIALS
HYDROPHOBIC CEMENT MANUFACTURE PROCESS
COLOURED HYDROPHOBIC MORTAR
MORTAR COMPOSITION FOR PREVENTION OF DEW CONDENSATION, COMPRISING HYDROPHOBIC POWDER
Cement admixture and cement composition
METHOD OF MANUFACTURE FOR PORTLAND CEMENT OF WATERPROOF
NON-SEGREGATE CONCRETE IN WATER
ADDITIVE FOR HYDRAULIC COMPOSITION
PRODUCTION OF CONCRETE WHICH IS MADE HYDROPHOBIC IN BLOCK STATE, AND CONCRETE MIXTURE OBTAINED BY THIS PRODUCTION AND ITS USE
METHOD FOR INHIBITING HYDRATION REACTION OF CEMENT BY COATING
INORGANIC HARDENED BODY
CEMENT ADMIXTURE AND CEMENT COMPOSITION CONTAINING THE SAME
POLYMER CEMENT COMPOSITION
ADMIXTURE FOR CEMENT CONCRETE AND MORTAR USING HIGH-WATER-ABSORPTION RESIN
WATER-REDUCING AGENT FOR CEMENT
CEMENT ADMIXTURE AND CEMENT COMPOSITION
HIGH-STRENGTH HYDRAULIC SUBSTANCE
CURING METHOD OF CONCRETE
METHOD OF SOLIDIFYING RADIOACTIVE WASTE
ADDITIVE FOR MORTAR
ADDITIVES FOR CALCIUM SULPHATE BASED ADHESIVES
BIOACTIVE CEMENT COMPOSITION
BIOACTIVE CEMENT COMPOSITION
THICKENER FOR UNDERWATER CONCRETE
GLASS IONOMER CEMENT-HARDENING LIQUID
METHOD FOR THE TREATMENT OF POLYMER SURFACES
METHOD OF FORMING A HYDROPHOBIC SURFACE
RENDERING BUILDING MATERIALS HYDROPHOBIC
HYDROPHOBIC CEMENTITIOUS AND/OR CALCIFEROUS COMPOSITIONS
WATER REPELLANT METALS AND THE PREPARATION THEREOF
IMPROVEMENTS IN CEMENT AND MORTAR COMPOSITIONS
A process for impermeabilising, tightening or consolidating the ground and other earthy and stony masses
RENDERING SURFACES HYDROPHOBIC
Improvement in the manufacture of hydraulic cement
Improvements in the properties of hydraulic cements and a process of their manufacture
Waterproofing of materials - on the surface and in the mass
Mineral insulating board which is made hydrophobic and method for its manufacture
Process for immobilizing environmentally noxious metals and organic substances.
Use of concrete mixture or cement mortar mixture for the construction of sewage works and a process for the preparation of such a mixture.
Powdery hydrophobic composition based on cement, process for their manufacture and application.
Cement for making concrete article having reduced capillary water absorption and method for its production
Method for the production of a concrete body with a smooth surface, concrete body and use thereof as a cladding element or as a stamping tool
Stone for renovating moisture-damaged brick walls involves using hardened renovated plaster mixed with binding agent to produce sufficiently thick and stable stone blocks to line
Process for producing air-hardening mortar systems and hydraulic mortar systems
Process for producing concrete and mortar having water-repellent properties
Protecting road, railway and runway sub-layer against - frost and water - with clay cement and polyacrylamide additives
Waterproof sealing concrete mix
Prepn process of hydrophobic fireproof heat-insulating material
Hydrophobic oleophilic self-cementing sand and its preparation method
Hydrophobic concrete-based polyphenylene granule heat-insulating mortar dry powder and its usage method
Hydrophobic light bead concrete roof heat insulation structure
Waterproof haydite concrete
Hydrophobic thermal insulation material
Polymer dry mixed mortar
Water repellent treatment process on ceramic particle surface
Rubber powder polyphenyl particle thermal materials
Modified water-tolerant polyvinyl alcohol cement
Composite insulating material
Wet three efficient duster
Thermal-insulating roof board
Dry free-flowing material for rough-casting or plastering interior and exterior walls of buildings
METHOD FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF HYDROPHOBIC CEMENT
METHOD FOR THE MANUFACTURE OF HYDROPHOBIC-AND-PLASTICIZED CEMENT
Hydrophobic synthetic mineral building materials
METHOD For protection OF UNDERGROUND oil-and-gas pipelines FROM CORROSION
Fiber reinforced cement composite materials using chemically treated fibers with improved dispersibility
" Thinking About Joining the Military -- Read This "
( 11-26-2014 )
You may have already spoken to a recruiter or thought about signing up. This is NOT intended to discourage you from signing up, but merely to inform you of facts your recruiter will probably won't discuss.
Do you fully understand the impact of the military on your life after signing up, and the impact on your civilian life in the future?
Here are facts to think about BEFORE you sign the contract:
* Officer commissions are not the result of promotions. They must attend West Point or another US military college first. Promotions of military personnel without officer training school (personnel who re-enlist) usually stop at the level of sergeant.
* Today Army, Navy, Marines and special forces exist for this reason - kill people to defend America and start wars we don't need.
* Other than patriotism, emotions are not part of recruiting or the military. Recruiters are trained as salesman. They will tell you anything and promise you the Moon to get you to sign up. Verbal promises mean nothing. You have no recourse whatsoever if government promises for the job you want later prove fictitious or are not kept. If a recruiter does not reach a certain number of sign-ups each month, they can be transferred from their cushy, soft recruiting job into a field combat unit. Commanding officers of recruiters only care about numbers, not how they get them. Scrutinize every word a recruiter tells you.
* If you are married or have children, forget about supporting your family on your income unless they can live in a cardboard box. Your pay is calculated to support ONLY YOU. Remember your family is not in the military - you will be. Only by living on a military base can you survive on that meager income. Men and women overseas have suffered unbearable pain after hearing their family back home lost their home due to insufficient income. Military does not care about it. You will not be able to go home to console your family. Your family is left to fend for themselves. Military has zero sympathy for personal problems. It is unwise to sign up for the military if you have a spouse at home with a long term illness.
* Military (government) may promise you a job in the profession you want. READ every word of your contract. You will read in the military contract the US government is NOT required to give you the job you want. If they do not give you the job you want there is NO recourse. You may not be given the job you wanted based on your test scores. You will get a job which matches your skills and psych profile. If you don't measure up in post-boot camp school, you can end up in the infantry.
* Can training they give you for a specific job be useful later in civilian life? Not always. Several weeks of training after boot camp will be provided for the job you will do. A few examples are fixing classified electronics and radio equipment, servicing aircraft, working on a aircraft carrier flight deck, handling and loading bombs, missiles, ordinance and tank shells or whatever job they decide you will do. These types of jobs are useless for any job in civilian life. Even if you are trained to service/repair military aircraft, in civilian life you must still go through the new training to work on civilian aircraft. Then take the same civilian tests to become certified as a licensed mechanic. Without that license you cannot service or make repairs on any civilian aircraft.
Example of a promised job in the navy: A young man signed up in the navy to work on the flight deck of a aircraft carrier. That was his dream. He made it through boot camp and later graduated near the top of his class in flight deck school. Then he was sent to steamy hot Newport News, Virginia in August to his post on the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier. He was given a respiratory mask, a environmental suit to wear over that (not air conditioned) and a pneumatic needle gun. He was told that would be this job for the rest of his time in the military - stripping paint off floors and bulkheads. He did it and found his perspiration pooled up in his mask and had to empty it often. Why? Navy knew it was far cheaper to have their personnel do this work than to find a contractor to do it.
* Job you ultimately get will depend on the psych profile they get from your grade school records (which they have legal access to) and other written tests they administer. If you have a certain mental profile and are physically fit, you could end up being trained in special ops or the seals to kill people. Otherwise known as "wet-work" for obvious reasons. Many service people who worked in special ops have a nightmare adjusting to civilian life later on. No matter what you hear or believe, the military is not concerned about your post-military civilian life. Some become murderers or serial killers as a result of insufficient or ineffective deprogramming.
* You will be fighting wars which you will be told are defending America, and fight in other wars for national security. But a closer look at today's world shows wars over the past years have actually been about oil and power, with nothing to do with America's security. With Iraq the American people were PROMISED oil like it was the spoils of war. Instead, after thousands of Americans were killed all that oil was given away to British Petroleum (BP.) This adds credibility to the fact that America is still part of England despite the Declaration of Independence. Just because America's founding fathers declared independence from England does mean it actually happened. Do you want to sacrifice your life for oil?
* You may be ordered to kill Americans even if though they are innocent. Not because these Americans represent a threat to America, but because of their political opinions. Are you ready to do that?
* You may be ordered to use psychotronic weapons on innocent Americans with political opinions. Maybe even on your own family. These weapons can cause permanent incapacitation, mental illness or insanity all in the name of "national security." Can you live with yourself after doing that?
* In the late 90's the US Supreme court ruled that ANYONE in the military is US government property. One soldier who was poisoned by a covert medical experiment was permanently incapacitated. He sued the military back in the nineties for doing this to him. Finally after reaching the US Supreme court a double ruling came out:
1. Military does NOT need to inform you or anyone when they experiment on military personnel. US Supreme court ruled YOU are government property while in the military. They own you and can do whatever they want to you.
2. Court ruled that only a local official must be told 30 days before they experiment on the public.
* If you don't like being micro-managed then military life is not for you. They will dictate EVERY detail of your military life and indirectly, your personal life.
* If you end up serving in a theater of war and are injured or have killed people, expect nightmares or PTSD later on in life. For some service people nightmares start years or decades after they leave the service. A friend was in the Korean war. PTSD hit him in the 1990's after he retired from a lifetime of professional civilian work. He still tries to deal with it today using prescription drugs.
* You can unknowingly bring diseases home to your family such as engineered viruses and micoplasma-derived diseases. VA doctors who have never left the USA, have contracted these highly contagious diseases just from being in the same examination room with veterans. Civilian doctors are not trained to recognize or treat military diseases soon enough to prevent permanent damage to veterans health. Military diseases can put you in a wheel chair or worse. Pentagon admitted military engineered diseases have hurt more than 200,000 personnel in the 1991 gulf war. They became incapacitated with diseases we manufactured.
* Everything you are asked to do must be considered an order. Obey it or face disciplinary action or a court martial and possible prison time. You can get kicked out of the military or be court martialed if you display rebellion or break the rules. When a officer speaks to you, consider it as coming from the lips of God. If you are mouthy and rebellious to your parents or family now, boot camp and military life will be even harder for you.
* National Guard and Coast Guard are two services which do not routinely kill people as a mission. These two services function more like police agencies. National Guard is different - personnel can be called to full time duty overseas to function like army personnel to kill people at any time.
* You can hold down a full time job at home and still serve in the National Guard on weekends. However - if you are ordered to serve full time overseas income from your full time job may stop cold. Even if your civilian employer keeps your job open for you, your family is suddenly living on your meager military income. Many houses of National Guard soldiers have already been lost to banks because of this.
* There are gangs in the military similar to those on the streets. Gangs are relatively new to the military and never existed until about 20 years ago. Military will hire nearly anyone out of high school. To the military's credit they are trying to break up gangs and prevent formation of new gangs. Many of these gangs are black or Hispanic. They bring their street gang culture with them into military life where it has no place. Racism against whites by these groups is not uncommon.
* Be sure your body's immune system is in good working order before signing up. During boot camp you will walk down between multiple medical techs and receive painful, multiple air-gun injections into both arms. These cocktails of vaccines help protect you from diseases common in other countries. Vaccination is inescapable.
* Few know what they inject you with. They will never tell you what all the injections are. You are government property and don't need to know. Many of these vaccines are experimental with unknown short term and long term side-effects. If you become ill from any injection very few doctors are trained to deal with it. Nearly all civilian doctors today are trained to believe all vaccines are wonderful. Doctors think vaccines will never make you sick. Military doctors will never admit any vaccine made you sick.
* Regardless of what service you sign up for, in boot camp you will be subjected to tear gas and bio-weapons protection training. You will be sent into a building filled with tear gas without wearing protection to experience what it will be like. Military tear gas is far stronger than watered-down tear gas used by civilian police for crowd control.
If these facts do not both you, then maybe the military is just right for you.
We Need To Talk About Sandy Hook
Dead Bankers List ~ An elite club with a glowing future ( Criswell Predicts : " I see burning banks " ) ...
1. Nov - Shawn Miller, 42, banker found dead in bathtub with throat slashed.
2. Oct - Edmund Reilly, 47, a trader at Midtown's Vertical Group, threw himself in front of a speeding Long Island Rail Road commuter train.
3. July - Julian Knott, 45, JPMorgan Executive Director,Global Tier 3 Network Operations, SELF-INFLICTED GUNSHOT WOUND
4. June - Richard Gravino, 49, Application Team Lead, JP Morgan, SUDDEN DEATH cause unknown/pending
5. June - James McDonald - President & CEO of Rockefeller & Co - apparently self-inflicted, GUNSHOT WOUND
6. May - Thomas Schenkman, 42, Managing Director of Global Infrastructure, JP Morgan, SUDDEN DEATH, cause unknown/pending
7. May - Naseem Mubeen - Assistant Vice President ZBTL Bank, Islamabad, SUICIDE jumped
8. May - Daniel Leaf - senior manager at the Bank of Scotland/Saracen Fund Managers, FELL OFF A CLIFF
9. May - Nigel Sharvin - Senior Relationship Manager Ulster Bank manage portfolio of distressed businesses, ACCIDENTAL DROWNING
10. April - Lydia (no surname given) 52, France's Bred-Banque-Populaire, SUICIDE jumped
11. April - Li Jianhua, 49, Non-bank Financial Institutions Supervision Department of the regulator, HEART ATTACK
12. April - Benedict Philippens, Director/Manager Bank Ans-Saint-Nicolas, SHOT
13. April - Tanji Dewberry - Assistant Vice President, Credit Suisse, HOUSE FIRE
14. April - Amir Kess, co-founder and managing director Markstone Capital Group private equity fund, CYCLIST HIT BY CAR
15. April - Juergen Frick, Bank Frick & Co. AG, SHOT
16. April - Jan Peter Schmittmann - former CEO of Dutch Bank ABN Amro, (Possibly suicide, SHOT)
17. April - Andrew Jarzyk - Assistant Vice President, Commercial Banking at PNC Financial Services Group, MISSING/DEAD
18. March - Mohamed Hamwi - System Analyst at Trepp, a financial data and analytics firm, SHOT
19. March - Joseph Giampapa - JP Morgan lawyer, CYCLIST HIT BY MINIVAN
20. March - Kenneth Bellandro, former JP Morgan, SUICIDE jumped
21. Feb = John Ruiz – Morgan Stanley Municipal Debt Analyst, died suddenly, NO CAUSE GIVEN
22. Feb - Jason Alan Salais, 34, Information Technology specialist at JPMorgan, FOUND DEAD outside a Walgreens pharmacy
23. Feb - Autumn Radtke, CEO of First Meta, a cyber-currency exchange firm, SUICIDE
24. Feb - James Stuart Jr, Former National Bank of Commerce CEO, FOUND DEAD
25. Feb - Edmund (Eddie) Reilly, trader at Midtown’s Vertical Group, SUICIDE
26. Feb - Li Junjie, JP Morgan, SUICIDE
27. Feb - Ryan Henry Crane, SUDDEN DEATH cause unknown
28. Feb - Richard Talley, UNKNOWN CAUSE
29. Jan - Gabriel Magee, SUICIDE
30. Jan - William 'Bill' Broeksmit, HUNG/POSSIBLE SUICIDE
31. Jan - Mike Dueker, SUDDEN DEATH cause unknown
32. Jan - Carl Slym, SUICIDE
33. Jan - Tim Dickenson, SUDDEN DEATH cause unknown
34. Dec 2013 - Robert Wilson, a retired hedge fund founder, apparent SUICIDE leaped to his death from his 16th floor residence
35. Dec 2013 - Joseph . Ambrosio, age 34, Financial Analyst for J.P. Morgan, died suddenly from Acute Respiratory Syndrome
36. Dec 2013 - Benjamin Idim, CAR ACCIDENT
37. Dec 2013 - Susan Hewitt - Deutsche Bank, DROWNING
38. Nov 2013 - Patrick Sheehan, CAR ACCIDENT
39. Nov 2013 - Michael Anthony Turner, Career Banker, CAUSE UNKOWN
40. Nov 2013 - Venera Minakhmetova Former Financial Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, CYCLIST HIT
41. Oct 2013 - Michael Burdin, SUICIDE
42. Oct 2013 - Ezdehar Husainat - former JP Morgan banker, killed in FREAK ACCIDENT when her SUV crushed her to death
43. Sept 2013 - Guy Ratovondrahona -Madagascar central bank, Sudden death – cause not confirmed
44. Aug 2013 - Pierre Wauthier, SUICIDE
45. Aug 2013 - Moritz Erhardt, SUICIDE
46. July 2013 Hussain Najadi CEO of merchant bank AIAK Group, SHOT
47. July 2013 Carsten Schloter, SUICIDE
48. July 2013 Sascha Schornstein - RBS in its commodity finance, MISSING
49. April 2013 David William Waygood, SUICIDE
50. Mar 2013 - David Rossi - communications director of troubled Italian bank Monte dei Paschi di Siena (MPS), SUICIDE
51. Fang Fang - JP Morgan, China, DISGRACED
52. Nick Bagnall - Director at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, son accidentally killed himself while trying to re-enact a Tudor hanging
53. Robin Clark - RP Martin -Wolf of Shenfield City banker shot, SURVIVED
54. Kevin Bespolka - Citi Capital Advisors, Dresdner Bank, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, Seriously injured and son dead
55. Robert Wheeler, 49, a Deutsche Bank financial advisor, DISGRACED
56. Chris Latham - Bank of America, ON TRIAL, Murder for Hire
57. Igor Artamonov - West Siberian Bank of Sberbank, Daughter found dead (POSSIBLE SUICIDE)
58. Hector Sants, Barclays - resigned due to stress and exhaustion, after being told he risked more serious consequences to his health if he continued to work - a remarkable turnaround as the Church reportedly approached him two months later and was told he had made a full recovery,
59. April 21st Bruce A. Schaal, 63, died suddenly Banker in Twin Lakes for 35 years
60. April 20th Keith Barnish 58, Died Suddenly (Still working as Senior Managing Director at Doral Financial Corporation. Previously Bear Stearns, Bank of America Senior Vice President
61. March 12th Jeffrey Corzine, 31, son of MF Global CEO and Chairman Jon Corzine involved in major banking crime was found dead in an apparent suicide.
62. Keiran Toman, 39, former banker who believed he was being stalked by a reality TV crew starved to death in a hotel room, an inquest heard today.
63. An inquest was opened after his death in July 2010 but his family asked for a second hearing as they were not informed. Police found all of Mr Toman’s possessions in the room, but despite documents mentioning his family, failed to tell them he had died.
64. Nicholas Austin, 49, A former bank manager from Hersden died after drinking antifreeze in an effort to "get high". was found in a coma by his wife Lynn at their home in Blackthorne Road on October 5. He died the same day.
" Bobbitization "
A manly meme for mad moms ...
“Couple Tries to Bobbitise Man”
Just this week, Ranka Dalai, who has a history of “manhandling and misbehaving,” reportedly tried to grope a man’s wife in the village of Baiganbadipalli. So the couple allegedly hid in some bushes near the village pond and sprung on Dalai in the middle of the night. The husband held the man by the neck while the wife slashed his genitals. But Dalai insists he’s not to blame. “I am being victimized by them,” he told reporters from his hospital bed.
“Rape Victim Bobbitises Tantrik”
A tantric healer from Madhepura allegedly attacked his ill niece in June after telling the girl’s mother she was “under the influence of evil forces.” Subsequently, according to the Bihar Times, the man “outraged her modesty notwithstanding her repeated protests.” The next night, the girl showed up at her uncle’s house and castrated him.
“Man Bobbitised in Nawada”
In March 2012, Ram Briksh Mahto, a 35-year-old man from Nawada, was allegedly castrated by a mother of two children “under mysterious circumstances.” However, a superintendent at the local hospital hinted, “Bobbitisation was possible only on an erect penis.”
“Youth Bobbitised by Paramour Dies”
A widow from Allahabad allegedly stoned her 30-year-old lover to the point of unconsciousness after she found out he was cheating on her in September 2010. She butchered his genitals with a knife, then started sobbing. The man later died...
& several more...
November 15, 2014
13 Chemicals Used In U.S. Food Products That Are Banned In Other Countries
There are countless chemicals in use all over the world today, many of which have been linked to cancer and other serious illnesses. Once the chemical is linked to these illnesses the excuse is often that they just didn’t know that the long-term effects of these chemicals would cause such disorders. Kind of like smoking, they just didn’t know that smoking would lead to cancer back then, but now they do because they are seeing it first hand. Even after it was proven that smoking caused cancer, however, it took a long time to fully let the public know. When there is money to be lost the truth often becomes very shady.
Below are the top 13 worst chemicals used in food products in the US today, that are banned in other countries. The difference between the US and the rest of the world is that once something is proven to be harmful, the Food and Drug Administration disagrees mostly, and the chemicals are still allowed to be widely used in food production, while many other countries ban these additives and find safer alternatives. Why does this happen? Mostly because many American citizens are just uninformed and uneducated on this matter, they choose to not speak out against it, and instead they keep buying the products that contain these harmful chemicals. Here are the top 13:
This is a chemical that is used primarily in foam plastics, such as sneaker soles and yoga mats, but it is also used to bleach flour. Up until early this year it was an ingredient in the famous “Subway” sandwich rolls, but thanks to “Food Babe” and her #FoodArmy, it has been removed. It can still be found in other breads, frozen dinners and packaged baked goods.
Banned in Australia and Europe.
Safety? This chemical has been linked to asthma.
Blue 1 & 2
Amazingly, colors can actually be flavors as well. Unfortunately, I think a lot of us probably know what blue tastes like. Blue No. 1 and 2 can both be found in ice cream, marshmallows, canned peas, sports drinks, icing, popsicles, blue raspberry flavoured products, and even dairy products. It can also be found in soaps, shampoos and mouthwash.
Safety? A study reported in 2007 by D. McCann and colleagues in the journal The Lancet showed that artificial colorings such as blue no. 1 & 2 were linked to hyperactivity. Almost 300 children who participated in the study were given a beverage containing artificial colors. Drinking the beverage resulted in increased hyperactivity in the children. It is noteworthy to mention that hyperactivity is often linked to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or (ADHD).
Yellow # 5 is also commonly known as Tartrazine. It is widely used in the making of potato chips, jams, candy, drinks and pet food; as well as shampoo and various other cosmetic products.
Banned in Austria and Norway, other European countries have issued warnings about its potential health concerns.
Safety? Yellow 5 has seemed to show behavioral changes in some children including hyperactivity. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) which is the UK’s equivalent to the FDA issued a warning in 2008 that stated that certain colorings, including tartrazine, can cause behavioral changes in children that included a loss of concentration and impulsive, hard-to-control activity.
BHA and BHT
Butylated hydroxvanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are chemicals that are often found in: cereals, trail mixes, gum, butter, meat, dehydrated potatoes and beer. These substances prevent oils in foods from oxidizing and going rancid.
Banned in Japan, the U.K. and other European countries.
Safety? The National Toxicology Program has concluded that BHA “is reasonable anticipated to be a human carcinogen,” and places BHT in its “caution” column.
That name even sounds toxic! I think a lot of people know that arsenic is a straight-up poison, so why is the U.S. allowing it in their food supply? Arsenic can be found in poultry because it is used in chicken feed to make the meat appear more pink and fresh, how appealing.
Banned in the entire European Union and Canada.
Safety? Arsenic is a poison. Eat enough of it and it will kill you. Arsenic is also a known carcinogen.
rBGH and rBST
Recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH) and recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST) are synthetic hormones used to increase milk production in cows.
Banned in the European Union, Canada and many other countries.
Safety? Milk from cows treated with rBGH has higher levels of IGF-1, a hormone that encourages certain cells to grow. Several studies have found that high IGF-1 levels may influence the development of certain tumors. Studies have found a relationship between blood levels of IGF-1 and prostate, breast, colorectal and other cancers.
Potassium Bromate, aka brominated flour is found in bread products such as: rolls, wraps, loaves, flatbreads, buns and even bagel chips. This is a powerful oxidizing agent that chemically ages flour faster than open air and cuts down baking time, which in turn lowers costs.
Banned in the European Union, Canada, Brazil and elsewhere.
Safety? This additive has been associated with kidney and nervous system disorders and gastrointestinal discomfort. Interestingly enough the FDA has not banned the use of bromated flour, they do however urge bakers to voluntarily leave it out. I think that’s enough of a reason for me to avoid it.
Brominated Vegetable Oil
Aka BVO, is a synthetic chemical created when vegetable oil is bonded to the element bromine. Bromine keeps oils from floating to the top of water-based solutions such as soft drinks and fruit drinks. I remember when I was about 12 or 13 drinking a bottle of Sunny D lemonade and looking at the label and seeing “vegetable oil” listed as the second or third ingredient. I couldn’t finish the drink and never drank it again. That thoroughly disgusted me. BVO is commonly added to citrus flavored drinks such as orange, lemon, lime and grapefruit as these flavors are oily, BVO acts as an emulsifier to help the flavors mix better.
Banned in Japan and the European Union.
Safety? “There have been toxilogical concerns around brominated vegetable oils, mainly to do with the accumulation of bromine in fatty tissues of experimental animals and isolated human case reports, although the data are quite old and the levels experimentally fed were quite high.” – Michael Walker, Independent Food Consultant.
Olestra, also known as “Olean,” is found in “fat free” potato chips and was actually named on Time Magazine’s “The 50 Worst Inventions” list.
Banned in the U.K. and Canada
Safety? This fat substitute appears to cause a dramatic depletion of fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids, robbing us of vital micro-nutrients. It is also known to cause anal leakage.
Aka DPA is found in apples, apple juice, pears and baby food. It is used to give apples their shiny coat and protect them from blackening and browning during long months in storage.
Banned in the European Union.
Safety? The European Food and Safety Authority just deemed this chemical as a poison. The chemicals in DPA can break down and form nitrosamines, which are known carcinogens.
Avoid these chemicals and additives. Read the ingredient labels before you purchase anything. Know what you’re putting into your body! If you stick to a primarily organic, whole foods diet you will drastically limit your exposure to these sorts of chemicals. Spread the word. Tell your friends and family to look out for these chemicals. If everyone became aware of the potential harmful effects of these additives and stopped eating them, the companies that manufacture toxic foods would have no choice but to change their ways and update their recipes to use safer ingredients, like the countries that have banned them - or risk going out of business.
The choice is yours.
Stupid Zone !
... too late ...
Chlorovirus ACTV-1 -- The " Stupid Virus "
Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered
A virus that infects human brains and makes us more stupid has been discovered, according to scientists in the US.
The algae virus, never before observed in healthy people, was found to affect cognitive functions including visual processing and spatial awareness.
Scientists at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the University of Nebraska stumbled upon the discovery when they were undertaking an unrelated study into throat microbes.
Surprisingly, the researchers found DNA in the throats of healthy individuals that matched the DNA of a virus known to infect green algae.
Dr Robert Yolken, a virologist who led the original study, said: “This is a striking example showing that the ‘innocuous’ microorganisms we carry can affect behaviour and cognition.
“Many physiological differences between person A and person B are encoded in the set of genes each inherits from parents, yet some of these differences are fuelled by the various microorganisms we harbour and the way they interact with our genes.”
Of the 90 participants in the study, 40 tested positive for the algae virus. Those who tested positive performed worse on tests designed to measure the speed and accuracy of visual processing. They also achieved lower scores in tasks designed to measure attention.
Humans’ bodies contain trillions of bacteria, viruses and fungi. Most are harmless, but the findings of this research show that there some microbes can have a detrimental impact on cognitive functions, while leaving individuals healthy.
The study’s findings were published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Chlorovirus ATCV-1 is part of the human oropharyngeal virome and is associated with changes in cognitive functions in humans and mice
Robert H. Yolken, et al.
Human mucosal surfaces contain a wide range of microorganisms. The biological effects of these organisms are largely unknown. Large-scale metagenomic sequencing is emerging as a method to identify novel microbes. Unexpectedly, we identified DNA sequences homologous to virus ATCV-1, an algal virus not previously known to infect humans, in oropharyngeal samples obtained from healthy adults. The presence of ATCV-1 was associated with a modest but measurable decrease in cognitive functioning. A relationship between ATCV-1 and cognitive functioning was confirmed in a mouse model, which also indicated that exposure to ATCV-1 resulted in changes in gene expression within the brain. Our study indicates that viruses in the environment not thought to infect humans can have biological effects.
Chloroviruses (family Phycodnaviridae) are large DNA viruses known to infect certain eukaryotic green algae and have not been previously shown to infect humans or to be part of the human virome. We unexpectedly found sequences homologous to the chlorovirus Acanthocystis turfacea chlorella virus 1 (ATCV-1) in a metagenomic analysis of DNA extracted from human oropharyngeal samples. These samples were obtained by throat swabs of adults without a psychiatric disorder or serious physical illness who were participating in a study that included measures of cognitive functioning. The presence of ATCV-1 DNA was confirmed by quantitative PCR with ATCV-1 DNA being documented in oropharyngeal samples obtained from 40 (43.5%) of 92 individuals. The presence of ATCV-1 DNA was not associated with demographic variables but was associated with a modest but statistically significant decrease in the performance on cognitive assessments of visual processing and visual motor speed. We further explored the effects of ATCV-1 in a mouse model. The inoculation of ATCV-1 into the intestinal tract of 9–11-wk-old mice resulted in a subsequent decrease in performance in several cognitive domains, including ones involving recognition memory and sensory-motor gating. ATCV-1 exposure in mice also resulted in the altered expression of genes within the hippocampus. These genes comprised pathways related to synaptic plasticity, learning, memory formation, and the immune response to viral exposure.
Found: The viral infection that makes nearly HALF of us more stupid (and it lasts for YEARS)
Science Reporter for the Daily Mail
The virus - called chlorovirus ATCV-1 - was only known to appear in algae
Researchers in U.S. have not established how it comes to infect humans
It hasn't infected just swimmers, which rules out direct link to algae itself
Instead humans could've been carrying virus but was not known to doctors
Research suggests it alters genes in brain including memory and emotion
Scientists found 44 per cent of patients tested had virus in their throats
Nearly half of us could be infected with a virus which makes us more stupid, scientists have found.
The startling discovery suggests that millions may be carrying a long-lasting infection which dulls the brain.
Scientists found the virus living in the throats of 44 per cent of patients tested in a small US study.
A viral infection that could make more than half of us stupid has been discovered by scientists in America
Those who were carrying the infection performed worse in intelligence tests, even when education and age were taken into account.
The virus - called chlorovirus ATCV-1 - was previously only known to appear in green algae in freshwater lakes.
The researchers, from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and the University of Nebraska, have not established how the virus comes to infect humans.
It does not seem to have infected just swimmers or watersports fans, probably ruling out a link to algae itself.
Instead it could be that humans have long carried the virus, but it had not previously been looked for by doctors.
Study author Professor Robert Yolken, of Johns Hopkins medical school, said the millions of viruses living in the human body are being investigated by experts for the first time.
‘We’re really just starting to find out what some of these agents that we’re carrying around might actually do,’ he told the Healthline website.
‘It’s the beginning, I think, of another way of looking at infectious agents — not agents that come in and do a lot of damage and then leave, like Ebola virus or influenza virus.
‘This is kind of the other end of the spectrum. These are agents that we carry around for a long time and that may have subtle effects on our cognition and behaviour.’
The research, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggests that the ATCV-1 virus alters the genes in the brain.
The team found the virus in throat swabs from 40 out of 92 volunteers, and discovered those with the virus performed measurably worse in cognitive testing.
They then confirmed their findings in tests on mice. Giving the virus to mice resulted in a decrease in recognition memory and other brain functions, they found.
Tests showed the virus had broken through the barrier between blood and tissue, altering the activity of genes in the brains of the mice.
The genes affected including those producing dopamine - a vital hormone which influences memory, spatial awareness, emotion and pleasure.
Professor James Van Etten, a biologist from the University of Nebraska who first identified the virus in algae 30 years ago, said: ‘There’s more and more studies showing that microorganisms in your body have a bigger influence than anything anyone would have predicted, and this could be something along those lines.’
Professor Yolken added: ‘The thing that’s different about what we found is that chlorovirus ATCV-1 is something that we wouldn’t have suspected would actually have any effect on humans or animals.
‘It points us in a direction of looking to see if we can improve people’s cognition, their behaviour, by changing the composition of their microbiome [the balance of bacteria and viruses in the body].
An alga species infected with a chlorovirus (red) similar to the one the researchers identified in the throat cavity of humans. Credit: Kit Lee and Angie Fox, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Algal Virus Infects, Affects Humans
While studying cognitive function in healthy adults, researchers discovered DNA from an algal virus in throat samples.
The virus was associated with reduced cognitive functioning, highlighting how previously overlooked viruses may affect human health and cognition.
The human body is host to trillions of microbes. These microbes significantly outnumber the body’s cells. Although most are beneficial to human health, some of these microbes can cause problems. Research in both humans and animal models has shown that microbial communities can affect many biological functions, including cognitive performance.
An alga species infected with a chlorovirus (red) similar to the one the researchers identified in the throat cavity of humans. Credit: Kit Lee and Angie Fox, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Most studies of microbial communities and their genes, collectively known as the microbiome, have focused on bacterial and fungal communities. DNA is extracted from samples, and then specific regions that are universal to bacteria or fungi are analyzed to distinguish the microbes. The viral components of the microbiome (the virome) have received less attention, largely because viruses are so diverse that there are no universal viral target regions. Recent advances, however, have made whole-genome sequencing faster and less expensive. Thus scientists can now sequence entire viral genomes.
A group led by Dr. Robert Yolken at Johns Hopkins University has been studying the links between viral infections and brain development. They were analyzing viruses taken from the throats of 33 healthy adults who were participating in a study that involved the assessment of cognitive functioning. Unexpectedly, the researchers discovered genetic sequences from Acanthocystis turfacea chlorella virus 1 (ATCV-1). ATCV-1 is a type of Chlorovirus, which infects green algae. These viruses are common in fresh water, such as lakes and ponds, but weren’t thought to infect humans or animals.
To further investigate, the group teamed with Dr. James Van Etten, an expert on algal viruses at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Their work was supported in part by NIH’s National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and National Center for Research Resources (NCRR). Results appeared online on October 27, 2014, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
A sequence-specific assay detected ATCV-1 in throat samples from 40 of 92 (44%) people in the study. The team next examined the link between ATCV-1 and performance on a battery of cognitive tests. ATCV-1 was associated with decreases on tests of visual processing. There was no difference on tests of general knowledge.
Studies in people can involve many complex factors, so the scientists infected a group of mice with ATCV-1. The exposed mice performed worse than control mice in several cognitive tests, such as navigating mazes. The researchers next studied gene expression in the hippocampus, a brain region essential for learning, memory, and behavior. Exposure to ATCV-1 was associated with significant changes in the regulation of over 1,000 genes.
“People have conducted studies looking for more conventional viruses and bacteria in throat swabs, but the way those studies were done meant that they could have easily missed the ones that we work with,” Van Etten says.
More study will be needed to learn how ATCV-1 may alter cognitive functioning. If confirmed, these findings hint that other yet-unknown viruses may have subtle effects on human health and behavior.
—by Harrison Wein, Ph.D.
Chlorovirus ATCV-1 is part of the human oropharyngeal virome and is associated with changes in cognitive functions in humans and mice.
Yolken RH, Jones-Brando L, Dunigan DD, Kannan G, Dickerson F, Severance E, Sabunciyan S, Talbot CC Jr, Prandovszky E, Gurnon JR, Agarkova IV, Leister F, Gressitt KL, Chen O, Deuber B, Ma F, Pletnikov MV, Van Etten JL.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Oct 27.
pii: 201418895. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 25349393.
Funding: NIH’s National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and National Center for Research Resources (NCRR); National Science Foundation; and Stanley Medical Research Institute.
Related R&D :
METHOD FOR SPLITTING POLYSACCHARIDE CONTAINING GLUCRONIC ACID RESIDUE
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a method for efficiently splitting uronic acid-containing polysaccharides. ;SOLUTION: The method for splitting the polysaccharides containing in the molecule two or more consecutive glucronic acid residues involves using a polysaccharide-splitting lyase obtained from Chlorovirus CVK2 and having the activity of splitting the [beta]-1,4 or [alpha]-1,4 linkage between glucronic acid residues.
METHOD FOR PRODUCING GLUCOSAMINE AND N-ACETYLGLUCOSAMINE
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a method for producing glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine utilizable for a food or beverage by a fermenting method by using an inexpensive raw material such as glucose, etc. ;SOLUTION: This method for producing glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine is provided by culturing chlorella cells infected with chlorovirus and recovering glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine from the obtained cultured material, or recovering glucosamine and N-acetylglucosamine from the cultured material obtained by culturing recombinant E. coli obtained by incorporating glutamine fructose-6-phosphate transaminase gene originated from the chlorovirus. As the chlorovirus, it is preferable to use chlorovirus CVK2.
METHOD FOR SEPARATING/PURIFYING HYALURONIC ACID AND/OR CHITIN
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a method for easily and effectively separating/purifying hyaluronic acid and/or chitin produced on a chlorella cell. ;SOLUTION: The method for separating/purifying the hyaluronic acid and/or the chitin produced on the chlorella cell by infecting the chlorella cell of a host with a chlorovirus comprises separating hyaluronic acid fibers and/or chitin fibers from the cells by adding mechanical vibration to the chlorella cells on the surface of which the hyaluronic acid fibers and/or the chitin fibers are accumulated, and collecting the separated fibers. ;
METHOD FOR PRODUCING HYALURONIC ACID AND CHITIN BY CHLORELLA CULTURE
PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide a method for efficiently and inexpensively producing both polysaccharides of hyaluronic acid and chitin simultaneously by chlorella culture. ;SOLUTION: The chlorovirus allows a chlorella cell of a host to produce both the polysaccharides of the hyaluronic acid and the chitin. The method for producing the hyaluronic acid and the chitin involves infecting the chlorella cell of the host with the chlorovirus. By the method, high-purity hyaluronic acid fibers and chitin fibers are produced in a vary short time (2-4 hr). Each of the lengths of the obtained hyaluronic acid fiber and chitin fiber reaches 0.5-1.0 [mu]m by measurement by an electron microscope, and the polymerization degrees thereof are very high.
Nucleic Acids Symposium Series, Oct 2000
Characterization of immediate early genes expressed in chlorovirus infectionBy Southern blot analysis of restriction fragments of a chlorovirus CVK2 genomic contig with probes of RNA expressed immediate early in infection, sixteen genes were specifically found to be expressed in the host cells. These genes include those for aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase, nucleolin, ribosomal protein S5, hyaluronan synthase, TFIID etc. All of these transcripts were polyadenylated and most likely expressed in the host nucleus.The structural characteristics of these genes are discussed in connection with their expression mechanism. The biological importance of the gene products in viral infection are also considered.
Takeru Kawasaki, Kensho Nishida, Makoto Fujie, Shoji Usami, Takashi Yamada
Nucleic Acids Symposium Series, Nov 2001
Regulatory mechanism of the gene expression during chlorovirus infection cycle
Takeru Kawasaki, Masahiro Tanaka, Kensho Nishida, Takashi Yamada
In chlorovirus infection, immediate-early gene expression occurs within 5–20 min post infection (p.i.). We identified 16 major immediate-early transcripts. On Northern blot analysis, these transcripts showed unusual behaviors: (I) after 40 min p.i., their sizes reduced by approximately 100 nt, most likely caused by loss of a poly(A) tail and (II) after 40 min p.i., often appeared a few larger additional transcripts that may be formed by read-through from an upstream gene or into a downstream gene. These results indicate that the transcription of the viral genes changes drastically between before and after 40 min p.i.
Microbes and Environments (Impact Factor: 2.44). 01/2001; 16(4):206-212. DOI: 10.1264/jsme2.2001.206
Digestion of Chlorella Cells by Chlorovirus-encoded Polysaccharide Degrading Enzymeshttp://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/11/3-things-you-should-know-about-stupid.html
Niti Chuchird, Takashi Yamada, et al.
November 12, 2014
3 Things You Should Know About the ''Stupid Virus''
Recently, disease researchers yet again have discovered an emerging virus.
Scientists at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the University of Nebraska stumbled on to chlorovirus ATCV-1, a DNA virus which comes from algae, while doing an unrelated test on throat microbes. Forty-three percent of patients tested had it in their throats. Among other things it is found to lead to cognitive problems. You can read some mainstream articles here, here, here and here.
I think the headlines should have read a lot differently. This discovery could have big implications for people for a few reasons. Yet, where is the media panic now? No...now it's been made cute and funny by dubbing it the "stupid virus."
Before we get carried away with giddy headlines pointing out how so many people must have "caught stupid" - let's get a couple of things straight.
1. This is not a "stupid virus," per se - The "stupid virus" title is meant to be a humorous, eye catching marketing hook for bored journalists. It's actually an unwittingly cruel joke. In the original study, the researchers refer to cognitive decline and memory problems due to the virus. The researchers who had swabbed healthy people wrote that they found a "modest but statistically significant decrease in the performance on cognitive assessments of visual processing and visual motor speed." As well as changes of gene expression in the hippocampus, memory formation and immune response. They also said it affects behavior.
However, do you know how many things lead to cognitive issues? Do we call Alzheimer's "Stupid Dementia"? Do we say an epileptic is acting "dumb again" when they go into seizures, thought to stem from the hippocampus? No. But if cognitive decline equates stupidity then I vote to call BPA a "stupidity chemical"; fluoridated water is "stupid juice"; heavy metal toxicity in food, air and water are "stupidizers"; pesticides could be "smartcides." Because all of those things directly affect the brain. But cognitive problems are not indicative of stupidity, so it's a cruel misnomer to detract and minimize them by calling a damaging virus a stupid maker.
2. It could have been called the ADHD virus. If this virus can mimic symptoms that are often left to the mental health field then shouldn't people with Alzheimer's and ADHD be properly tested to make sure a virus isn't actually causing their symptoms? Or even epilepsy, schizophrenia and PTSD. The fact that it affects the hippocampus is a concern. Forget stupid, do you want to have early onset Alzheimer's and not be able to create new memories? And it would be cruel to call someone with that serious brain issue "stupid."
The more I read up on this, the more it sounds like the exact picture of the group of symptoms commonly called ADHD.
From the Daily Mail:
Tests showed the virus had broken through the barrier between blood and tissue, altering the activity of genes in the brains of the mice.
The genes affected including those producing dopamine - a vital hormone which influences memory, spatial awareness, emotion and pleasure. (emphasis added)
ADHD with a forecast of Alzheimer's.
3. Another more accurate headline would actually be freaking out about yet another kingdom-jumping disease. This time involving plants-to-humans. That really isn't normal. The people who tell me this are parroting the articles that are sensitizing people to get used to it. Historically speaking, I don't see the rampant cases of kingdom or even species jumps that have exploded in the last 50-100 years. Let's be clear: this virus comes from algae and hadn't been observed in healthy humans before. When it was, they didn't think it was harmful. But they conclude: "Our study indicates that viruses in the environment not thought to infect humans can have biological effects."
It seems like I read about these "isolated incidents" once a week now. Furthermore, researchers say they don't KNOW how the jump happens - or if it's contagious or if we make good hosts. That's a problem and deserves more than a stupid, passing headline.
The human body houses many viruses, no less, DNA viruses. I just wanted to point that out to alleviate potential panic. This isn't necessarily "bad" it just is what it is for now, although I would love to see how people could live if they did not have the bulk of them. Most people have had Chicken Pox (varicella zoster) and it stays latent. Later, one could have Shingles (herpes zoster) during a time of immune suppression or stress. Herpes simplex virus type 1 (cold sores of the mouth) are present in 80-90% of people and appear during times of stress. The above also happen to be DNA viruses. This list goes on and on...
But how many of these latent and emerging viruses can one person handle? Especially those that affect the brain? And what happens when the immune system is compromised and the viruses come roaring out like a sleeping dragon? That creates a mega load on the body and constant stress of the immune system.
Can I recommend one source for helping the body slough off some of those problems and prevent more? It's Herbal Antivirals:Natural Remedies for Emerging & Resistant Viral Infections by Stephen Buhner. He says, when it comes to emerging disease, that garlic and colloidal silver from the healthfood store just aren't going to cut it. Not when it comes to mystery illnesses or mutated disease. He himself reversed chronic Lyme (bacteria) and helps others do the same. If he could overcome a questionable animal-to-human disease that only emerged in the late 1970s, I would act on his herbal sensibilities to help the immune system fight off more.
Earth's 10 Most Mysterious Lost Worlds
Historical Cycles: Are we doomed to repeat the past?Inspiring Experiments ... ( blinding too ) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzKCFpRdxuIHigh Frequency D.C. Energy & Water Heater
Reminiscent of Stubblefield's heater & Peter Davey's Resonance , &c &c...
Bauman / Methernitha : Testatika Generator
Selections collected from 'round the web